Sunday, February 17, 2013

Onyx Candle Holder


Not many things make me happier than to land a good find at a thrift store.  I often remind my husband how lucky he is, "Honey, give me a good thrift store over a jewelry store any day of the week and I'm one happy woman."  He usually agrees.  :)

The onyx candlestick featured here was definitely the find of the week ~ costing me less than $2.  I think the natural beeswax candle with it's twisted rope shape (find them here) couldn't look prettier sitting on top of the thrifted find.  And, I think the dripping wax only adds to the beauty of the candlestick itself ~ perfection in my book.

Have you found any unique treasures at a thrift store lately?  You just might be surprised what you can discover ~ I hope you're up for the challenge!  I'd love to hear how your adventure goes.  Have a good Monday.  XO ~ Dana

6 comments :

  1. Dana, I always enjoy each of your blogs. And as a non-shopper living in the middle of Kansas, your fresh ideas help so much! Just purchased some beeswax rope tapers online. I've been wanting something lovely to build up some melted wax on a wine bottle I've been saving to use on the back patio on warm spring evenings. Thanks again for your ideas! Enjoy your own warm spring evenings! (Can you tell I'm pining for spring?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla ~ I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying my posts ~ thanks for sharing. And yippee I'm happy to know you found some beeswax rope tapers ~ I know you will enjoy them. I meant to link up ~ oops (I'll do that).

      Thank you so much for taking time to stop by. We are already enjoying lovely weather in Texas ~ it's sunshine and 61 degrees here today. It will be here for you before you know it.

      XO ~ Dana

      Delete
  2. That really is a lovely holder! I am totally surprised the candle dripped - they never do for me! Maybe move to another spot... There might be a draft causing the dripping! Angelika ( who made the candle :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angelika ~ I think your candles are wonderful!!! And I'm so happy mine did drip ~ because I love the way it looks. It was in a drafty spot though ~ so maybe that's why it did. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      :) Dana

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful kitchen you have! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...