Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hairpin Table ~ Revamp


As I mentioned in my previous post, I traveled to Austin last week to work on a Mid-Century Modern apartment design.  It belongs to none other than Reagan, my oldest.  In pulling the space together, I've been seeking out authentic vintage finds to help capture the Mid-Century Modern era.  I found this awesome hairpin table at Lula B's in Dallas.


It was a little rough and rusty, when I spotted it ~ but the price was right.


Nothing a little elbow grease, some scraping and steel wool couldn't cure.  I used #0000 steel wool for the clean-up.  



Then I sprayed it with a couple of light coats of Rust-oleum's metallic silver spray paint ~ it was all the table needed to take it back to its original lustre. 



A great accessory for the hairpin table ~ this Standard stamp holder ~ it came from M'Antiques in the Bishop Arts District.   See another way I used one of these stamp holders here.


After allowing time for the paint to dry, I repositioned the glass table top and it was ready for use.  The time and effort was well spent on this demure little table.  It fits the spot perfectly.  Stay tuned for more photos of the MCM install.  Hope you have a great week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...