Friday, May 27, 2011

Orderly ~ Ahhh!


Here I go harping about orderly areas again.  What can I say, except order for me brings a sense of calm. And what better way to organize everyday essentials like makeup brushes, cotton balls and Q-tips, than to stash them in pretty little containers?


I started with a platter (you could also use a tray of some sort) to corral all the smaller containers.  This one is a favorite of mine ~ authentic crackled ironstone ~ that has aged so beautifully.  I came across it on a junking trip.


Then I assembled a group of random holders together ~ according to my particular needs and the space I had available.  I used various ironstone or restaurant ware cups, bowls and creamers that I found at flea markets or thrift stores.  These are inexpensive and still pretty easy to come by ~ each of these cost a buck or less.


Next ~ I added a Venetian Murano glass mirror that I got in Italy a few years ago.  It's a little indulgence that makes me feel pampered ~ everyone needs a little pampering every now and then ~ don't you think?  
  

I also placed a miniature clock on the platter  ~ to keep me on schedule or at least try to.  :)



And voila ~ a pretty little organizational spot for everyday essentials.  I'm off to spend time with family  visiting from out of town.  I would love to hear about some of your organizational tips and tricks.  I hope you have a happy weekend!

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...