Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Brownstone Doors


Well, here I am in Boston and I'm so excited that Brimfield has finally arrived.  I've been anticipating a trip to this flea market for quite some time.  Before heading to the hotel yesterday evening, my hubby and I made a stop at a fabulous restaurant called B&G Oysters.  Our anniversary is today, so it was nice to celebrate with a yummy dinner.  The place was recommended to us by a guy that we sat next to on the plane ~ his aunt is the chef at this renowned little spot.  Needless to say, he gave it rave reviews ~ and he was right ~ it was scrumptious!  


Afterwards, we decided to walk the neighborhood and found ourselves right smack-dab in the middle of the famed South Boston Historic District, known for its wonderful old Brownstones.  It was such a charming area.  I couldn't help but snap a few pics of some of my favorite doors to share.  It seemed fitting to give them names ~ so I did. :)  


#34 ~ Teal or Turquoise ~ 


#39 ~ Circles and Spheres ~


#8 ~ Octagonal Detail ~ 


#17 ~ Cast Stone Beauty ~


~ Ahead of the Rest ~


#11 ~ Lacquered Red Door ~ 


~ Star Light ~


~ Matthew Mahogany ~

   

# 7 ~ Star Bright ~


~ Filigree Loveliness ~

 

~ Gothic Black & Grey ~


#84 ~ Black and Blue ~


#82 ~ Lovely Blue ~


#77 ~ Leaded Glass Beauty ~

 

#68 ~ Arched Cast Stone ~


#2 ~ BBB ~ Blue Beadboard Babe ~

I hope you enjoyed these historic old doors.  I'm off to go fleaing ~ sigh.  I'll do my best to post some flea-bitten photos later on Tattered Style's FB page.  Be sure to look for them here.  

2 comments :

  1. OK...this is probably one of my favorite post! Two reasons...First is that it makes me SO happy that you are doing such a fun trip with your sweet husband...and second is because I LOVE doors! They are SO important to the facade of every home...these amazing brownstone doors have me wanting to hop a plane to Boston!! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Ohhh the stories those doors could tell...
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...