Monday, March 28, 2011

Drawer Transformed


My friends know me pretty well by now, they know I love quirky things ~ things others might consider junk. Sara, a friend of mine, was at her mom's house one day ~ they were doing some spring cleaning and ran across an old vintage drawer. The corners had been chewed up by a pet ~ but it had lovely hardware. Sara thought of me, saved it from the trash heap and asked me if I would like to have it ~ but of course I did! She told me she figured I could do something with it.


Although it was in disrepair, that didn't bother me one bit. It had wonderful character and I saw potential in it immediately. I sanded the chew marks, cleaned it up and gave it a fresh coat of stain ~ now this drawer has been transformed into the perfect little shelf for my powder room.


I love the detail of the hardware ~ it's jewelry to me.


I added some D-Ring hangers on the back.


I found this oil painting at CCA for a mere $2.00. It's colors compliment my bathroom so nicely. The drawer does a great job of "framing" the painting ~ don't you think?


The oversized printer's block ~ "P" ~ came from Canton ~ it cost $5.00.


The apothecary bottle is French ~ I got it at a Paris Flea Market a few years ago.


The little stool is a camper's stool. It had army green cotton duck cloth on it. I removed it ~ used it as a pattern ~ and made the cream and black ticking seat. I love the way it turned out.


The "Thanks" book is from my friend, Joanie ~ a little reminder of all the things in life I have to be thankful for.

Speaking of pets chewing ~ this is Penny ~ our recently adopted American Bulldog.


Don't let those innocent eyes deceive you ~ Penny's a chewer too! I'll tell you more about "Perilous Penny" soon.

I'm off to Round Top tomorrow for three glorious days of flea marketing. I'm anxious to share the events of the trip and my finds with you!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...