Monday, August 6, 2012

Hang It Up!


I love hanging with my guys ~ meaning my three sons, Reagan, Corbin and Gavin.  And nothing thrills me more than to help them out with their spaces ~ whether it's with their room at home,  a college dorm or their apartment.  It seems I've been doing a lot of that lately.  One particular art installation I thought was pretty cool was this wall of vintages hangers I put up at Reagan's place ~ an ode to the suits in Mad Men.  I'm digging the way the hangers cascade down from the ceiling.


A DIY project doesn't get much easier than this.  I simply used vintage wooden hangers and randomly arranged them on a wall.  I attached with them with nails so the hanger would rest on the nailhead (directly beneath the hook part of the hanger).

Reagan popped in some photos, a postcard from my recent trip to Paris and a script from his acting days.  You could choose whatever memorabilia of your own to personalize your space.  Happy hanging!

6 comments :

  1. Love the look, but I'm stumped. How are the hangers hung?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used nails ~ although it's difficult to see them in the photos. I tried to position them so they wouldn't be noticeable. The hangers are resting on the nails (directly beneath the hook part of the hanger). Hope this helps. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...