|Image via Anthropologie|
I collected the frames pictured above and finally was happy with the assortment of sizes and types that I had accumulated.
I took them to a local glass and mirror store and had mirrors cut to fit the sizes. They were pretty reasonable in cost ~ I only had to pay $20 to have four mirrors cut to fit the empty frames.
I placed the mirror in position and ran a bead of clear acrylic silicone around the backside of the mirror and the frame. The silicone is a little messy to work with and is a bit stinky so be sure to work in a well ventilated area. After attaching all the mirrors to the frames with the silicone, I left them outside to dry for several hours.
I wanted to finish off the mirrors with a protective backing. To do so, I measured each frame to determine the different sizes of backing I would need to mark and cut. I penciled off each of the dimensions on foam core ~ the backing I chose to use. Then, I placed the foam core on the cutting board and using a straight edge as a guide, I cut through the foam core.
Lastly, I placed the foam core behind the mirror and duct taped it in place. I realize this likely isn't the way a frame shop would back a mirror but I'm content with my method and know I can rest assured the backing will stay in place.
I've laid the mirrors out on the floor and I'm playing around with varied arrangements before I attach them to the wall. I'm all out of time today ~ so please drop by soon as I'll be posting pics of how and where I decide to install my mock Anthropologie mirror collage.
Today's post is lovingly dedicated to my friend and neighbor, Sally. She was a remarkable woman whose beauty was reflected from the inside out. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her.