Friday, October 14, 2011

Yellow + Black + Metal


A favorite vignette of mine is pictured above.  It includes random treasured finds which are unified by color and texture.  I'm choosing to use the large "&" sign as the number "3" instead ~ meaningful to me because of my three sons.  An aged chicken feeder stands ~ propped on its end. 


The weathered Texas license plate is elevated to new heights atop this vintage store price display stand.  I think this is the easiest "project" I've ever done.  Luckily, the tag and the stand had the same dimensions.  So all I had to do was wire the tag to the opening of the stand.  How's that for the world's easiest DIY project?


 I consider the Remington Portable a work of art in itself.


Don't you think the typewriter keys are exquisite?  I also have a treasured necklace made from an old typewriter key ~ but I don't think I could ever bring myself to dismantle this tired old machine.  If you would like, you can read more about the metal 2 and 6 here.


As with most things, I acquired these pieces over time.  It's always fun to see how they will all eventually come together.  I think this grouping of industrial items works ~ they are all tied by color and texture. Yellow + Black + Metal = that's all for today!  I would love to hear about a favorite vignette in your home ~ have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...